The following Grant Guidelines include important information about our Grants, including what you can use the Grant for, and the criteria used to assess your application.
When will the next round of Grants be available for Application?
The Tasmanian Christian Fund will open applications in early 2018.
How is my Grant Application assessed?
Applications are assessed in two stages. Our first stage of assessment involves four mandatory criteria.
|Location||Will this project be undertaken in Tasmania?|
|Outreach||Is the project primarily evangelistic?|
|Charitable Status||Does the sponsoring organisation have Tax Charitable Concession (TCC) status?|
|Reporting||Will the organisers report back after the project?|
Projects demonstrating that they meet all of these four mandatory criteria will continue to a second stage of assessment.
These are the six suitability criteria by which Applications are rated. These criteria are yet to be finally confirmed for 2018, but probably include the following:
- Need – Does this project meet a genuine and substantial unmet evangelistic need?
- Growth – Is this a new project or one that will grow an existing project to a new level?
- Plan – Is the plan well thought out, and the team likely to succeed?
- Outcomes – Does the project have specific, tangible, measurable outcomes?
- Impact – Does the project deliver a high ‘return on investment’ given the funds requested?
- Partnership – Are other people/organisations assisting with funds, gifts in-kind, or volunteer time?
Please note that the Tasmanian Christian Fund does not fund building purchases, or major works programs.
How much can I apply for?
Tier 1: Small Grants up to $5,000
Who can apply?
Individuals who are endorsed by a Christian organisation (including churches, outreach organisations and NGOs) that hold current Charitable (TCC) status. Tasmanian Christian Fund will provide the grant to the endorsing organisation for allocation to the individual’s project.
And Christian organisations (including churches, outreach organisations and NGOs) based in Tasmania, who hold current Charitable (TCC) status.
Tier 2: Large Grants between $5,000 and $50,000
Who can apply?
Christian organisations (including churches, outreach organisations and NGOs) based in Tasmania, who hold current Charitable (TCC) status.